From marathon training and fundraising to personal growth and fun, this is me going from Good to Great.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Notes

So last week's long run really took a toll on me. 16 miles of hills that stretched up and up and up. Or at least it seemed like it. It was really nice to have my brother Tim run with me. We maintained about an 11:00/mile pace. Got done in 3 hrs 23 minutes. The last few miles I seriously doubted I could take another step. Definitely the hardest training run by far!

Tomorrow, though, is only 8 miles. So no big deal. I LOVE how an 8 mile run has become "no big deal"... A few months ago I couldn't have even imagined saying that!

I have $1,024 left to raise! Please help me!!! This weekend will be a super fundraising weekend, boot blocking and selling beads at the K.

On a more personal note, I was totally touched by the note my brother got from the family of the kid whose wish he granted last year with his fundraising. Now that kid is a TNT honored patient, and goes to my high school. Leukemia & Lymphoma affect SO MANY PEOPLE and the stories that hit close to home really help when I have zero motivation to go run - like all this week. At least I'm struggling with a 4 mile run and not a life-threatening disease!

No comments: