From marathon training and fundraising to personal growth and fun, this is me going from Good to Great.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Isn't that special?!

Here's one of the whole fam after the Run for Glory to benefit RACE Charities. We are one great looking, sweaty bunch!



Natasha and I all sweaty after our 8 miles in the Wichita July heat! Lots more Tash and Trish running photos to come once we get to San Fran!



Well, training is going great. I have finally gotten "the bug" and I look forward to my next run. After my hilly, hilly, hilly 14 miles at Shawnee Mission Park I am totally confident that I can do this marathon! My new Garmin Forerunner is a great training toy, I mean, Tool. Fundrasing is working, as well. I still have about $1600 to go though, so please please make those donations!
I did get an email yesterday from some random girl that found my info on Facebook. She writes...
hey, I got your email address from your site on face book when my friend
Emily joined your group. I wanted to tell you by what you are doing it has a
huge impact on many families. Mine included My little brother who will be
turning 9 next week had Leukemia and is now in remission due to the research you
are helping to fund. Just so you know be prepared for a lot of hills my mom did
the same marathon two years ago and just completed her second on last January. I
encourage you to go to the light the night walk in Topeka if you want to see
some of the families that you have helped by doing this the walk is in sept. but
there is more info on the Leukemia and Lymphoma web site. hope you the best and
keep it all up you will do great and Thanks so much for doing it
Sincerly, Janelle
Its things like this that will keep me going during my grueling 26.2 miles! Thanks for the encouragement!

No comments: